Sunday 25 October 2015

Lava Creature

Moodboard/Research 

Some images I discovered of lava-inspired creatures and animals that will help me in choosing a final design.
My initial sketch was a demon like creature, that would have lava flowing through its skin/on the rock he was sitting on.

However, in my final design, I decided to completely change the face to that of another demon (still sticking to the demon concept) and add wings. I wanted it to be grey as the face was inspired by a gargoyle, so it would be a lava-statue.


Improvements I could have added or changed: Instead of painting the lava by hand, to speed up the process and make it look more realistic I should have used an image of lava and then painted over it. Also, I could have improved the shading and not made it look so dark, because by adding more contrast the creature would look much more 3D. 

No comments:

Post a Comment